Friday, March 23, 2012

Kashi 25 years of awesomeness...

15784704410

I love it when food companies put things like this on the front of the package. Especially since it's getting harder and harder to find cereals that aren't made with high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). This one especially got me thinking though. For 25 years Kashi hasn't used HFCS in their cereal. To me that's awesome since a lot of companies have used HFCS and many still do use it. Some consumers like myself have cut HFCS from their diets to which a few food makers have made different versions of the same food item without HFCS. Like Heinz with their "natural" ketchup and Smuckers with their all fruit jams. These are just a few examples of food companies trying to tell you we don't put this crap we use in our regular products in this version. They often charge more for the non HFCS one as well. This is why I have to commend Kashi. For never giving in to peer pressure and always using quality ingredients. That's the kind of food company I'd like to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment